Planning a Sports Party
Choose your sport:
1. Plan to mail your invitations 2-3 weeks prior to your event. When you mail your invites make sure to use the birthday party confetti in your invitations. Let your child help out with the invites by sealing or decorating envelopes with sports stickers.
2. Set up your party room with your Sports Banners, centerpieces, table cover, crepe paper and balloons the day of the party. Blow up and assemble your Razz-Matazz centerpieces.
3. Create a Sports cake. Create a template on paper and cut out your template. Create a baseball cake by baking a cake in 9” pans frost with white icing and draw your red stitches with gel frosting. You can do the same with a basketball or soccer ball. For a football you will need to create a template. Set your template on top of a cake baked in a 9X13 pan and cut out. Be creative with your frosting. Remember to frost and then re-frost when the frosting dries to eliminate crumbs in the frosting. Use our ball cake pan or cake decorations. Create mini-cakes with our small ball pan, a fun and unique alternative to cupcakes!
4. As your guests arrive use your b-ball hoop to create a game of PARTY just like horse or pig. Let each guest join in.
5. Get your guests together for a game of touch football, soccer, baseball or basketball depending on your child’s interest and if weather is permitting.
6. Play a game of hot potato but substitute the sports ball of choice or a Nerf ball if you are indoors.
7. Use your balloons and have races where your guests have to run holding their balloon between their knees.
8. Play a game of hide the treat bags! Hide all your guests treat bags and have the guest hunt for their treat bag. One bag per guest! Once they locate they can help the others. Create your own Olympics games.
9. Sing happy birthday and light your Sports candles. Let the birthday boy blow them out.
10. Let your child open her presents.
11. Serve your birthday cake.
12. Most of all have fun!