Jimmy’s Sports Birthday Party
On August 4th, 2004 Jimmy was turning 10! He chose the Play Sports party…..
1. He decorated his invitations with the Play Sports Sticker and filled them with confetti and delivered them to his buddies.
2. Jimmy planned out his agenda/schedule for the party…..
3. He and his buddies broke up into 2 teams and had a tennis ball baseball game in the yard with Dad serving as all time pitcher (mom pitched the last inning). Jimmy’s team won!!!
4. It was a hot day and we provided small Gatorade bottles for the guests
5. After the game the boys enjoyed pizza.
6. After refueling on pizza, the boys took a swipe at our Baseball Pinata which was filled with candy and assorted sports toys.
7. We then organized a two hand touch football game with Dad as all time QB.
8. The boys then moved inside for presents, cake and ice cream. Jimmy wanted a 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 white cake. You can do this by mixing up 2 batters. Pour in first mix but keep your baking pan on an angle, then pour in the other batter and they will push up against each other. You will have extra mix to make cupcakes or a small cake. We used green spray frosting to create the football field. Then used white gel frosting to create the lines. Jimmy wanted to use all the various sport ball candles for his cake. He wore his special sports birthday hat during cake and ice cream at both his kid and family party.
9. The boys then moved out to the street for a game of basketball.
10. While the boys were playing basketball I popped popcorn. I took the sports megaphones and put tape on the small end and filled them with popcorn.
11. The boys then went to the backyard for an end of the evening amateur fireworks and popcorn and rated each one!
12. Jimmy passed out his treat bags and the boys went home!
13. Fun was had by all!